Home & Garden Maintenance
Who are we?
Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre Inc. is an approved Home and Garden provider under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), funding by the Australian Government Department of Health.
What is our aim?
We provide maintenance work for older people, and people with disabilities so they may live more independently and remain in their homes longer. The major emphasis is on access, safety and independence.
What Services do we provide?
HOME MAINTENANCE WORK RELATED TO SAFETY AND ACCESS
Home Maintennace may include
- Repair of internal flooring and external access pathways to address slip and trip hazards
- Hardscaping, such as repairing pavers and pathways
- Secure access issues e.g security locks, repairing windows and doors
- Working-at-heights related repairs or cleaning for client health and safety (e.g. gutters, roofs, windows, ceilings, smoke alarms)
- Other maintenance where there are issues for client safety and access around the home
GARDEN MAINTENANCE WORK RELATED TO SAFETY AND ACCESS
*Update: Garden maintenance service currently at full capacity, unfortunately we can not take on any new clients at this time*
Garden maintenance may include:
- Lawn mowing and edges
- Pruning and hedging
- Weed/pest spraying and lawn fertilising
- Yard clearance and rubbish disposal
Major modifications recommended by an Occupational Therapist including:
- access modifications such as ramps
- bathroom & kitchen redesigns to improve accessibility
- widening doorways and passages (e.g to allow wheelchair access)
Who can use this service?
Anyone in Dubbo or surrounding areas, including as Narromine, Gilgandra and Wellington, can access our Home Maintenance services. Fees and subsidies available will depending on client circumstances.
- People aged 65 and over (or 50 and over for those who are Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander) - if registered with My Aged Care on a Commonwealth Home Support Program subsidies are available.
- Anyone else requiring home maintenance can be quoted fee-for-service.
What does it cost?
A quote for home maintenance will be provided following a home visit, work will not proceed unless the quotation is approved by the client and a Client Service Plan entered into for CHSP subsidised clients. Eligible clients may receive a subsidised rate for home and garden maintenance, such as clients who are CHSP My Aged Care approved.
As a price guide, CHSP subsidised rates are available from:
- $15 p/h (lawns, Dubbo regular clients)
- $30 p/h (lawns non-regular clients, outside of Dubbo city area, and for other light yard work)
- $42 (other horticultural and home maintenance repairs)
- Full cost rate is $84 p/h for individuals not eligible for CHSP in Dubbo for garden maintenance
- Tipping/rubbish removal fees, material and other costs may apply if applicable
*Additional charges may apply and all rates are subject to change.
Contact Connecting Community Services:
Click here to Contact Us at the Connecting Community Services Home Modification and Maintenance Service Co-ordinator or telephone the Connecting Community Services on 02 6883 2300 to speak to HMMS coordinator.
Or for more information refer to our brochures below.