Home & Garden Maintenance
Who are we?
Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre Ltd. is an approved Home and Garden provider under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), funding by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care.
What is our aim?
We provide maintenance work for older people so they may live more independently and remain in their homes longer. The major emphasis is on access, safety and independence.
What Services do we provide?
HOME MAINTENANCE WORK RELATED TO SAFETY AND ACCESS
Home Maintenance may include
- Repair of internal flooring and external access pathways to address slip and trip hazards
- Hardscaping, such as repairing pavers and pathways
- Secure access issues e.g security locks, repairing windows and doors
- Working-at-heights related repairs or cleaning for client health and safety (e.g. gutters, roofs, windows, ceilings, smoke alarms)
- Other maintenance where there are issues for client safety and access around the home
GARDEN MAINTENANCE WORK RELATED TO SAFETY AND ACCESS
*Update: Garden maintenance service at times reaches full capacity, please contact our office to ask if we are taking on new clients*
Garden maintenance may include:
- Lawn mowing and edges
- Pruning and hedging
- Weed/pest spraying and lawn fertilising
- Yard clearance and rubbish disposal
Who can use this service?
Garden maintenance service available for people living in Dubbo.
Home maintenance service available for people living in Dubbo or surrounding areas, including as Narromine, Gilgandra and Wellington.
Fees and subsidies available will depending on client circumstances.
- People aged 65 and over (or 50 and over for those who are Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander) - subsidised rate available if registered with My Aged Care and approved for home/garden maintenance under Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
- Anyone else requiring home maintenance can request a full cost fee-for-service quote.
What does it cost?
A quote for home maintenance will be provided following a home visit, work will not proceed unless the quotation is approved by the client and a service agreement entered into for CHSP subsidised clients. Eligible clients may receive a subsidised rate for home and garden maintenance, such as clients who are CHSP My Aged Care approved.
As a price guide, CHSP subsidised rates are available from:
- $25 p/h (lawns, Dubbo regular/rostered clients)
- $30 p/h (clients up to 20km from Dubbo office location, or regular/rostered clients other light gardening/pruning)
- $40 p/h (on request / non-rostered lawns)
- $45 p/h (on request / non-rostered light gardening/pruning)
- Full cost rate is from $84 p/h for individuals not eligible for CHSP in Dubbo for garden maintenance
- Tipping/rubbish removal fees, material and other costs may apply if applicable
- Home maintenance to be quoted.
*This is a price guide only, please contact our office to discussion your situation and for current prices. Note additional charges may apply and all rates are subject to change.
Contact Connecting Community Services:
Click here to Contact Us at the Connecting Community Services Home Modification and Maintenance Service Co-ordinator or telephone the Connecting Community Services on 02 6883 2300 to speak to HMMS coordinator.
Or for more information refer to our brochures below.