The Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre Ltd., operating as Connecting Community Services, is a community based Not for Profit Organisation working in co-operation with the Dubbo Regional Council, along with State and Federal Government agencies. Our role is to provide a variety of community services that assist families, children, youth and older people to achieve their own well-being and enhance the quality of life of disadvantaged groups in the community.
Since it’s inception in 1974, the Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre Inc (DNC) has been managed by a community Management Committee Board, and the work and dedication of community representatives and staff over the years has developed the centre into what it is today.
To be a strong and caring organisation building resilience and equality within our community, whilst enhancing individual wellbeing and enabling people to live a more fulfilled life with greater independence.
We connect our diverse communities with services, programs and information to support individual and/or family needs in a co-ordinated and thoughtful manner.
To help people access the community services and information they need.
- work with the community, families and individuals to ensure our clients are assisted to lead a fulfilled life within a diversified and equitable community while helping to build a culturally diverse and inclusive community
- ensure sufficient financial strength and resources for effective and efficient day-to-day operations to achieve our objectives
- have staff and volunteers with the commitment, skills and resources to meet the needs of individuals and the community we support and who regard CCS as a great place to work
- have best practice governance and systems to meet customer and legal requirements and relevant standards.
How are these objectives being met?
Our objectives are met through the community services that we provide and our quality management system:
- Administration and Community Services
- Information and service referral
- Room hire and bookings
- Aged and Disability Services
- Home Modification and Maintenance Scheme (CHSP)
- Individual Social Support - Accompanied activities and Visiting Services (CHSP)
- Community Activities Program - Senior's Social Group
- Family Support and Counselling
- Aboriginal Family Health - Aboriginal Family, Wellbeing & Violence Prevention Health
- Women's Safety Coordination (WSC)
- Domestic Violence Counselling (DV)
- Youth and Family Service (YFS)
- Wingewarra Activity Centre (Youth Centre)
- Safe Aboriginal Youth Program (Night Patrol)
- Migrant Support
- Children's Services
- Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) - Before & After School care, and Vacation Care
- Winanggaay Re-engagement Support Program