The Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre Ltd., operating as Connecting Community Services, is a community based Not for Profit Organisation working in co-operation with the Dubbo Regional Council, along with State and Federal Government agencies. Our role is to provide a variety of community services that assist families, children, youth and older people to achieve their own well-being and enhance the quality of life of disadvantaged groups in the community.
Since it’s inception in 1974, the Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre Inc (DNC) has been managed by a community Management Committee Board, and the work and dedication of community representatives and staff over the years has developed the centre into what it is today.
To be a strong and caring organisation building resilience and equality within our community, whilst enhancing individual wellbeing and enabling people to live a more fulfilled life with greater independence.
We connect our diverse communities with services, programs and information to support individual and/or family needs in a co-ordinated and thoughtful manner.
To help people access the community services and information they need.
- work with the community, families and individuals to ensure our clients are assisted to lead a fulfilled life within a diversified and equitable community while helping to build a culturally diverse and inclusive community
- be a best practice governance and risk management community-based organisation
- ensure sufficient financial strength, resources and accountability to enable CCS to achieve its objectives
- have staff and volunteers with the commitment, skills and resources to meet the needs of individuals and the community we support and who regard CCS as a great place to work
- have a Best Practice Quality Management System that embraces continual improvement, meets relevant Quality Standards, and provides the tools for effective and efficient day-to-day operations
How are these objectives being met?
Our objectives are met through the community services that we provide and our quality management system:
- Administration and Community Services
- Information and service referral
- Room hire and bookings
- Aged and Disability Services
- Home Modification and Maintenance Scheme (CHSP)
- Individual Social Support - Accompanied activities and Visiting Services (CHSP)
- Community Visitors Scheme (CVS)
- Community Activities Program - Senior's Social Group
- Family Support and Counselling
- Aboriginal Family Health - Aboriginal Family, Wellbeing & Violence Prevention Health
- Women's Safety Coordination (WSC)
- Domestic Violence Counselling (DV)
- Youth and Family Service (YFS)
- Wingewarra Activity Centre (Youth Centre)
- Safe Aboriginal Youth Program (Night Patrol)
- Migrant Support
- Children's Services
- Out of School Hours Care (OOSH) - Before & After School care, and Vacation Care
- Winanggaay Re-engagement Support Program
Quality Management System
Connecting Community Services (CCS) is committed to maintaining a quality management system to facilitate services that support and assist the community, through a continual improvement and a risk management approach. We are independently certified against ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.