Dubbo LGA COVID-19 lockdown
11 August 2021
Following the Government announcement that the Dubbo LGA went in lockdown from 1pm Wednesday 11 August 2021, be advised of our service arrangements as follows:
- Connecting Community Services (31-33 Church St, Dubbo) doors are closed to the public.
- We are still working from home and are available to help and support the community via:
- Outside of School Hours Care services remain open for families of essential workers and children that need to be at school. For schools that are non-operational due to a NSW Health directive, our service at those school will also not operate at that location. Families to monitor the latest updates from schools as the situation evolves. Enquiries to OSHC may be sent via email to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Winanggaay Re-engagement Support Program for suspended children is currently not operating.
- WAC Youth Drop-In Centre (83 Wingewarra St, Dubbo) which usually operates on Wednesdays is currently not operating.
- Aged care in-home service, including Home and Garden maintenance service is operating as an essential service on a case-by-case basis (e.g gardening and repairs to ensure health, safety and security of the premises or clients)
- Social support / community visitors is operating via phone only (not face-to-face)
- Family & Domestic Violence Counselling, Women’s Safety Coordination, Youth Family Services, Men’s Aboriginal Wellbeing and Violence Prevention, and Migrant Support are all operating via phone and email to the program coordinator.
We are doing our best to keep essential services operating whilst still keeping our community safe. Stay at home, follow the rules and safe stay. We are all in this together.